Six Reasons To Replace Your Missing Teeth
Missing teeth are more than an inconvenience, they can adversely affect your life in many ways.
1. Visibly missing teeth can erode your self-confidence. You can find yourself avoiding smiling and talking. It may even feel like everyone is judging you, because you feel like you look horrible. When people whip out their camera phone, you dodge having your picture taken. These feelings can slowly erode your self-esteem.
2. It can make you look older. Your jaw can shrink and your face can become sunken in when you are missing many teeth. This can make you look years older than your real age.
3. Missing teeth can make it difficult to eat. When your teeth are no longer lining up, you'll find it difficult to enjoy all of the foods you love. Chewing can become a chore, and some foods, like apples and steak, will be almost impossible to eat.
4. Your remaining teeth can end up being damaged, chipped, or broken. Teeth help each other stay in place, so when one or more teeth are missing, your bite pattern can be seriously altered. Your teeth can slowly shift around to fill the gaps, and your teeth will end up meeting in ways they were never meant to. Every bite can further damage your teeth.
5. When teeth move, they can become more difficult to clean. This can cause gum disease, tooth decay, and even further loss of teeth.
6. Problems with your jaw joint can be caused by teeth that don't bite together properly, this can cause chronic headaches .
Thankfully, you don't have to keep living with missing teeth. Call our office today at 416-431-0593 and we'll help you find the best solution for your smile.